Garphill Games, in association with our international partners are proud to bring you Architects of the West Kingdom. This is the first title in a brand new trilogy of games, following on from the renowned North Sea Trilogy.
*Tax-friendly shipping to Canada is only for English editions, not French.
*Spanish and Italian languages are now an option, despite them not being written on the reward level. Simply choose one of the Non-English reward levels. You will have the chance to choose your language in the survey after the campaign ends.
Architects of the West Kingdom is set at the end of the Carolingian Empire, circa 850 AD. As royal architects, players compete to impress their King and maintain their noble status by constructing various landmarks throughout his newly appointed domain. Players will need to collect raw materials, hire apprentices and keep a watchful eye on their workforce. These are treacherous times. Rival architects will stop at nothing to slow your progress. Will you remain virtuous, or be found in the company of thieves and black marketeers?
- Unique take on worker placement where players can invest workers into areas for greater rewards and capture opposing, greedy workers for money
- Variable player powers and more than 30 unique buildings and apprentices provide a huge amount of depth and replayability
- Multiple paths to victory, thanks to the virtue system and wide array of potential apprentice and building combinations
- A highly interactive experience, with no take-that mechanics
- Intuitive and easy to use solo play mode
- Over 160 cards and 280 wooden tokens
Aim of the Game
The aim of Architects of the West Kingdom is to be the player with the most Victory Points (VP) at the game’s end. Points are gained by constructing various Buildings and advancing work on the Cathedral. Throughout the game, players will need to make a lot of moral decisions. However, only at the game’s end will their virtue be judged. A few underhanded deals here and there might not seem like much, but fall too far and you will be punished. The game ends once a set number of constructions have been completed.